Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Touring Geometry Inspired Lightweight Road Bike


Here is my second road bike. After the insanity of the internal routing of the first I thought I would play it straight on this one. This is also the first carbon fork I've ever used. I had the fork sitting around for about a year and figured this was the one and only time I might be able to use it. My goal was lightweight and comfortable. The medium-ish sized frame weights 3lbs 5oz. It's made of True Temper OX-Platinum standard road sized tubing. I'm not much for oversized tubing.


The bars with the stem flipped up as pictured gives me about 1.5" rise above the seat for my laid back comfort. I find with this sort of set up that instead of never ever using the drops it actually becomes a fairly comfortable position to ride in with a headwind or when descending for a long time.


A close up of the welding. They are starting to turn out pretty well.


Start camera timer, run real quick, jump on bike. Was hoping to see what my positioning looked like while on the bike.

1 comment:

extremeparhe said...

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!